Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Witch Head Nebula

laser_jock99

Another try at the Witches Head (a Nemesis object for me!) fast disapearing now into the evening twilight- so probably my last go this season. Always a tricky object but even more so when this low down in the West.

Nothing at all visible in the original subs- really had to push things to see anything. Not the best image you'll see but there is something there!

Witch Head Nebula IC2118 Erudanus, six subs totaling 1440s, GSO 6" F2.9 Newtonian unguided, Fuji IS Pro camera ISO3200 150mm F2.9

DSIR0682_stack_histogram_noels_1024_zpsc

Nice image. I think you have done very well to pull the face out of the background - nice clean image with little apparent noise.  I can see the quantisation if I look for it (bottom left for example) but it does not detract from the image.

Nice image. I think you have done very well to pull the face out of the background - nice clean image with little apparent noise.  I can see the quantisation if I look for it (bottom left for example) but it does not detract from the image.

Thanks- I really struggled to pull anything at all out of this - there was hardly any signal in the RAW subs!

25918958-93e2-4591-bcb1-038593d64b5c_zps

Archived