NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Solar eclipse question

Robp

Hi all,

I'm going to take a chance on the weather tomorrow and have a go at imaging the solar eclipse.

Checking on the fov Calculator I have a few different options for full disk images, just wondered which option would be best combination?

Cameras:

Canon 1100D

Canon 450D (Filter removed)

Atik 314l+ mono

Scopes:

Skywatcher 130pds

Skywatcher 200p

So I could go with either:

DSLR and 130pds

DSLR and 200p

314L+ and 130pds (just fits on the chip)

Which combo would be best?

I have some solar film to make up the filters tonight

Cheers tingting44.

The Fov calculator I used did suggest that it would fit but theirs no beating real world experience  :smiley:

Think I'll stick with the DSLR and 130pds.

Just got to put together the filter for the scope and finder tonight and pray for some clear spells. Never done solar imaging before so hopefully I can get it right first time.

Lovely image by the way.

it might fit but you want some space, well i do as you wont be able to to get bang on tracking where you cant polar align (well i cant as i have to travel to a site as i cant see the sun from my garden with the trees)

thanks for the kind comment

So which section of the forum are everyone's images of the eclipse supposed to be posted?

Solar, Lunar or Widefield, Special Events & Comets?

:confused:  :undecided:  :dontknow: ................................... :grin:

The DSLR and 130pds worked a treat.

The sun drifted and I had to recenter it every few minutes but that would have been a nightmare with the 314L+.

Need to sit down for a few days and learn the ropes of processing solar photos.

Cheers TingTing44.

Sorry to hear that it was cloudy where you were, having spoken with a couple of people round the country I got very lucky. In fact there was a gap in the cloud for just the eclipse. It was cloudy either side!

I've popped my images into a thread over on the solar imaging sub forum:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/239747-eclipse-2015-my-first-solar-images/

Thanks,

Rob

Archived