Help with Vixen MT-1

Hi, I've recently purchased an Vixen MT1 RA motor drive set from someone off this forum who is offline at the moment and probably hasn't seen my message. Everything seems to fit fine onto my EQ5 mount but there is a problem with the manual operation clutch that comes with it.

According to the instructions I need to remove both the gear wheel and the clutch ring from the gear shaft and then attach the gear shaft to the RA slow motion control shaft. The problem is that I can't remove the gear wheel from the gear shaft, and the gear wheel is covering the small screw that allows it to be attached to the RA shaft.

I've tried using wrenches and pliers but I don't want to apply too much force in case I damage something. I'm sure the guy I bought it off will have an answer when he comes on but want to try and sort while it's cloudy and I can't sleep.

If the little grub screw isn't screwed in properly the head protrudes and can catch on the gear wheel. A little gentle persuasion is really all you can do to get ti off.

When reassembling, make sure the screw is all the way in. 

If I understand correctly, it sounds like the clutch would not have worked properly as the gear wheel would have been engaged even with the clutch off.

Archived