NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PixInsight DeBayer Question

Am starting to get to grips with PI (cheers again Harry) but am having a few issues with my images.

1st one, which I have resolved was running the Batch PreProcessing script was not recognising any stars....turns out I need to deBayer before registering, which leads me onto my current issue.

When I run the batch deBayer script, the images are completely colour washed out.  The default settings give me a very red image.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a case of work through and all will come good when I channel align and DBE it?

Hello,

could you maybe post an example image. In the debayer options what type of matrix have you chosen? If i`m not completely wrong your camera should have an rggb matrix. Also the debayering can already be done in the registration step (just check the box next to CFA and choose the right matrix).

A reddish tint is more or less normal i think, as the debayering algorithm applies the rgb channel scaling for the non modified camera.

best regards

Frosty,

Will stick a picture up later on this evening when I get home and have a chance.

The settings I went for were RGGB.  I did try the option of CFA in the script but seem to recall that it failed on there too.....was a long day yesterday so may be confusing myself there.

Will try and re-run the crip again too and see what happens....

I did a test and it seems up bottom fits doesn't do anything wrong when processing DSLR images so that's not it for you.

I have processed images earlier and had to turn that option off because they weren't debayered correctly. I don't remember if the images were my own RAW files or files from someone else thou.

The best way to figure out this is that you share at least 1 of your raw files on dropbox so someone can figure out the problem for you.

Archived