Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cg4 hand controller just showing red light.

HI all, Just mistakenly plugged a 12v charger into my 6v hand controller, it doesn't light up green now.

I think I have just ruined it . Sad thing is I haven't even used it yet. I know it was working when it was plugged into the battery pack. Does anyone know of a way of fixing this problem or have I killed it.

Warm regards Russell

After putting my glasses on I could see that I hadn't use a 12v power supply after all and I had used a 6v supply so I did use the right supply, don't know if my hand controller is faulty, strange that it did work when I used the battery pack.

Thanks for your answer .

RUSSELL

Have you retried with the battery pack?

Is there a method of causing a reset without access to the menu?

The handsets seem very prone to dying for just about any reason, 4 simple additional components would regulate the voltage and protect from reverse polarity, and that has got to be better for Synta then the problems and reputation their stuff is getting.

Yes tried the battery pack and no joy, I do think your right though it may have died for no reason . I definitely used the right 6v mains supply so confused that the controller has stopped working. The person that I bought it from has very kindly offered to try to repair it.

Will let you know how he gets on.

Regards Russell.

I have Meades and whenever a suitable handset is up for sale at a reasonable cost I tend to buy it if possible.

Of the 2 different Meades I now have 3 handsets for one and 2 for the other. :eek: :eek: :eek:

May seems a little excessive but I look upon it that I also have a high chance of standing on one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived