What is this object?

I'm pretty sure it's not an aicraft since i checked flighradar24 15min after the image was taken. Only 1 plane over the whole country at that time. No plane is registered to have landed or taken of at OSL at that time and direction is all wrong too.

The object moves west-east. Flight path for landing at OSL is north-south. Planes would have blinking lights too.

If you look closely on the left part of the image you see 2 fainter trails that dissapears halway through the image.

I got a tip from a danish guy that it was STSS Demo SV-2 and after checking calsky myself i think he is correct. Why it looks like something breaking up is something i can't explain.

I guess this is what i imaged

189-6309stss1u2northgru1500.jpg

I got a tip from a danish guy that it was STSS Demo SV-2 and after checking calsky myself i think he is correct. Why it looks like something breaking up is something i can't explain.

Well I'm sorry, Ole, but your image really doesn't show the level of detail we have come to expect from you! 

:grin: lly

Thats the two sats sitting on their space frame.

It's over two tonnes of hardware there.

These sats were/are part of a ballistic missle early warning system.

As far as I can tell not due for reentry.

Another Danish guy made some calculations and it seems the widest trails are around 270m apart so this is still a mystery.

I imaged both satelittes last night and both showed up as a single trail like usual with satelittes

STSS Demo SV-2 at 01:25

9d8e3d94e34c104681d491fa269d1641.1824x0_

STSS Demo SV-1 at 01:35

b05dea36d0963c95caeb1d81b6c0febc.1824x0_

The fact that the lines are divergent suggest a plane to me also, maybe doing a slight banking manouvre? As Cath suggests not all flights are shown- so maybe some military (Russian?) overflight? Judging by the immage scale it's also very high altitude. A jet coming into land (airport 25 miles away) looks more like this (againgst the Leo Triplet).

DSIR9294_1024_zps10b1074e.jpg

Archived