Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice about Synguider Autoguider

Another question, I have got hold of a SW Synguider for use with my HEQ 5 mount. I have attached it to on Orion 50mm guide scope, I have got focus in a 12mm eyepiece but cant seem to find any stars on the synguider. What do they look like on the screen?  I can see noise and sometimes a flashing square which I asume is looking at a star but nothing that I can say This is a star to focus on. Any tips?

I have a similar arrangement. The stars look like little dots! I would try pointing at the Pleiades (just as a test) - that way there should be several bright enough stars in the same field and you can play around and get the feel of how it works.

NigelM

I have a similar arrangement. The stars look like little dots! I would try pointing at the Pleiades (just as a test) - that way there should be several bright enough stars in the same field and you can play around and get the feel of how it works.

NigelM

Thanks, will try that. The one thing that im not sure about is I have read that the stars are black dots in one post and bright spots in another. I have messed around with the noise setting and although the guiders says it can grab a star I cant see what its grabbing. It does guide as I got a 300 sec exposure the other night but think that was more luck than anything.

Archived