Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eye Focus

trogre

Hi All.

My Nikon 9 x 21 binos have the main focus knob with dioptre corrector on the right focus knob, I expect many binos have this facility. For my eyes this is essential for crisp focus. On my other posts I was talking to upgrading to a pair of 15 x 70 binos or even 20 x 80 and even considering Strathspey 20 x 90.

I have come to realise that in some binos in the above group they do not have individual focus or at least dioptre adjustment? I am sure the celestron 15 x70 or 20 x 80 do not or at least cannot find any info in the spec?

Has anyone got any info on the Celestron 15 x 70, 20 x 80 and indeed the Strathspey please? It seems essential that I get a pair with at least dioptre adjustment even if they cost a lot more or would soon get fed up looking through them. Any recommendations as not all makes give this info.

Thanks

Regardless of a lack of information, within an advertisement, all giant, straight-through, binoculars come with either Individual Focus or Center Focus.

I.F. offers the ability to focus both the left & right eyepieces individually. If you are using a binocular for only nighttime stargazing I.F. is considered best by some.

Central focusing focuses both eyepieces at once, with the added ability to tweak the right eye diopter adjustment for your particular right eye prescription.

If you intend to use the binocular for daytime observations, such as following birds in flight, Center Focus is best for action viewing.

Stan

I have come to realise that in some binos in the above group they do not have individual focus or at least dioptre adjustment? I am sure the celestron 15 x70 or 20 x 80 do not or at least cannot find any info in the spec?

The Celestron Skymaster 15x70 does have right eyepiece dioptre adjustment. I've even got a bit on my website about how to re-set it when it comes out of the factory badly adjusted! (http://binocularsky.com/binoc_RED.php) :grin:

Archived