Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altair Astro Losmondy Plates

LunaSwift

I have an Ioptron IEQ 45Pro mount. The saddle width is 76mm . I have recently purchased 2 Altair Astro Losmandy Plates, 180mm to fit on my Altair Skywave 102 ED and Skywatchers ST 120 Scopes. As recommended by Altair Astro, On fitting the scopes fitted with the Altair Losmondy plates, they slid right through. On measuring the Altair Astro Losmondy Plates I found that they were UNDERSISED by 1mm, and we're in fact 75mm width . I also have an Ioptron Mini Tower the saddle width is 75mm.minimum, The Altair Astro Losmondy Plate supplied is 75mm It fits, but with the slightest ware will slip.

Have anybody else had any problems with Altair Astro plates being either undersized or just at the limit to give an initial fit not allowing for wear and tear

Sounds like a production run problem. I have quite a few Altair 'Losmandys' and they are happy enough in their own and other saddle plates. I've had a dodgy fit from another make so maybe these things happen - though they shouldn't, given the potential consequences!

Olly

I have just measured an Altair Astro, and a Celestron Losmandy plate, they both measure 74 mm across the clamp points.

Both these plates work fine in my EQ8, and  I optron mini tower, they also fitted my old EQ6-AZ mount.

Perhaps your saddle is at fault....... :confused:

Archived