Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question about filter use and installation with prime focus SLR

I had purchased a 2" Baader Planetarium Moon & Skyglow filter a while back and couldn't figure out how to setup in my imaging train.

I have the following currently:

Celestron C6 SCT

SCT F6.3 Focal Reducer

SCT T-Ring

Canon T-Adapter

Canon T3 (unmodified)

I couldn't figure out where I should attach the filter in this setup...do I have to get some sort of adapter or extension tube to thread the 2" filter?

I didn't want to buy a 2" visual back, I already have a 2" diagonal that threads directly onto the sct scope for visual use. I can just return the filter I got and I believe someone makes a SCT light pollution filter that I could install before my reducer. I just though maybe there was some simple adapter I could get or that there was just something obvious I was missing.

The crayford upgrade is a nice idea to avoid any mirror movement on the stock focuser but I think I might be approaching the weight limit on the back of the scope as it is. I either have to counter weight the dovetail or get a longer dovetail as I'm pretty near the edge as it is with all th equipment attached to the c6. It doesn't have a lot of forward weight on it. I also just ordered a JMI motofocus...

I think the best solution is a Baader protective T ring as it can fit filters inside the ring, both 2" and 50.8mm filters. It also has both T threads and M48 threads so it's very versatile :)

m48-t2-gross.jpg

Archived