Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just starting out, any basic tips!

The EOS utility comes with the camera, although my camera was second hand, but the app is downloadable. It allows you to choose exposure times and gaps, set ISO, use liveview, all the features of the camera using the laptop basically. I use a Mac so the other cool tools like APT and BackyardEOS are not available to me. If I could use those, I would.

Yeh I've got that, I take photos from the laptop so as to prevent any vibrations & change the ISO settings, Liveview is essential for getting good focus but How do you program exposure times & gaps between?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a stopwatch looking button in EOS Utility that opens the Self-Timer menu, where you can set time and gaps for a batch of shots. This is where I found the language they used less useful than some other 3rd party tools.

Self-timer/intervalometer [stopwatch icon]
Clicking this button allows access to the following settings:
 Self-timer delay setting. Start shooting from 00:00 – 99:59 (minutes:seconds) after the timer begins.
 Time interval between shots. Available settings range from 00:05 – 99:59. The minimum number of shots is two.
 Long (bulb) exposure. Available settings range from 00:05 – 99:59.
Click [start] to begin the timing function(s).

There should be a stopwatch looking button in EOS Utility that opens the Self-Timer menu, where you can set time and gaps for a batch of shots. This is where I found the language they used less useful than some other 3rd party tools.

Self-timer/intervalometer [stopwatch icon]
Clicking this button allows access to the following settings:
 Self-timer delay setting. Start shooting from 00:00 – 99:59 (minutes:seconds) after the timer begins.
 Time interval between shots. Available settings range from 00:05 – 99:59. The minimum number of shots is two.
 Long (bulb) exposure. Available settings range from 00:05 – 99:59.
Click [start] to begin the timing function(s).

Wow Absolutely fantastic!

I've been using this for months & completely missed that, what a muppet!

Thanks for showing me that

So you plug the camera into the laptop to take pictures using the EOS utility? I suppose that takes place of an intervalometer? 

Yep definitely stops any vibrations too provided you're not jumping up & down with your laptop!!

Archived