NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rowan Belt Mod - help!

Thalestris24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the finder just isn't up to the task.  A test with the guide camera on the main scope would show this one way or the other.

Dave.

Hi Dave

I'm using a 60mm guide scope + Barlow at the moment. I'm pretty sure all my problems are atmospheric! Not much I can do about that...

Louise

Some of it might be atmospheric , but 10 arcsec FWHM on the guider seems a lot.  Do you have to image over other buildings near by ?

I still think it will be interesting to see what you get with the main scope.

Dave.

Some of it might be atmospheric , but 10 arcsec FWHM on the guider seems a lot.  Do you have to image over other buildings near by ?

I still think it will be interesting to see what you get with the main scope.

Dave.

It was varying quite a bit! Well, I'm in a city and image through a 2nd floor open window... So it's not surprising I have such problems!!! I could put a qhy5l-ii into the 150pds but I don't like disturbing the qhy8l. I'll do a comparative test with the 130pds+AVX+1100d. The fl isn't that much shorter but it will give an indication of how a shorter fl behaves. Easy to do, also. I'll fit the 1100d this afternoon and give it a daylight test. There's a small chance of a clear spell on Wed night/Thurs morning.

Louise

That's a challenging situation. You just have to keep experimenting to find the optimum setup.

Dave.

Hi Dave

I set up the 130pds with the 1100d earlier - all ready to rock and roll when the clouds clear :) Could be a bit of a wait though! Maybe Wednesday night for a quick test.

Louise

Archived