NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP! New to Astronomy here and have a MEADE DS 114AT Question

So, I just traded for a Meade telescope...one that i have actually had before...and pretty much got this scope to practice on.  Now, I am pretty sure that the eyepieces are the .965"...its in my trunk...and was wondering if it would be worth it just to buy a couple more .965" eyepieces because i only have the 25mm or is there a way to convert the scope into 1.25"?  Please let me know!  Thanks.post-42532-0-88876100-1424809983.jpg

Hi  Again with eyepieces look on e-bay as these don't change much and are usually well looked after, I would look for a second hand Meade series 4000 plossl or Skywatcher plossl. These are at the cheaper end of the market but are decent quality. If you can get something like a 30mm and a 20mm and supplement with a 2x barlow (this multiplies the image by 2) you will have a range of 30mm, 20mm, 15mm and 10mm. This would be a reasonable spread of magnifications to be going on with.

Dave

Archived