Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky's the Limit Moon & Skyglow filter versus Tele Vue Bandmate Planetary filter

alro

"I have spoken with Alan @ Sky's the Limit who is willing to lend a Moon & Skyglow filter for comparison if anyone has the Televue Bandmate Planetary Filter for comparison purposes. Sky's the Limit's eyepiece comes with its own certificate of actual transmission and at £26.99 including postage, represents quite a saving over the Tele Vue at £110.00 (SCS Astro 23/2/15).

Does anyone have a spectrogram of what these, the Planetary and the Mars filters, are designed to transmit?"

Al

I think Tele Vue is keeping the specs of their planetary filters a secret Al :wink:

It would be interesting to see how the STL Moon & Skyglow compares with the Baader Neodymium Moon & Skyglow filter though.

Of course what really matters is the impact they have during observing under different conditions with differenc scope types and with different exit pupils etc. etc :smiley:

Agreed John, tele vue didnt really give that much away in march issue AN, it was more like a 2 page advert. From a beginners point of view at this, it did look good.

al

It was an entirely honest and balanced review. I know the reviewer :smiley:

Archived