Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ccd & dslr on one mount

Stardust

does anyone use a ccd and dslr at the same time and is it ok to do so?

Just wondered if I could be capturing widefield at the same time as a CCD target, the only thing that has crossed my mind is will the mirror slap make any impact on a 10 min ccd sub. Double data could be a good thing for the limited clear nights.  

that has given me food for thought, be nice to  still use the dslr as it's only a year old and has a clip cls. My rig is a triple scope set up, 127 flanked by tv85 & zs66 so can use any to image or guide with or whip the 66 off and have camera with lens for really wide field. I feel a little sort out on the obsy coming on this weekend. Think I need an extra power supply.

Sure, it can be done.

I have a saddle mounted on top of my Altair 115mm that I use for solar (as in the photo below). I have an astro-modded EOS110 that sits on a Losmady dovetail. I can slot that in and get a widefield image of the main target. I control the DSLR with BYEOS.

It all seems to work well enough.

14400169046_589f511863.jpg

Archived