Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OS X Image Capture + INDI

MattJenko

Peter (CloudMakers) is heavily involved with INDI, so I'm assuming he's monetising his efforts (it used to be an optional contribution). for SX Lodestar Live is free and offers far more -- now I assume that's Peter's goal and offering an INDI-wide capability. I don't know how the drift alignment, polar alignment and FHWM that's available in INDI stars differs from the new products being released by CloudMakers.

However it's possible todo the same with OpenPHD2 guiding and a simple application to capture. Or OpenPHD and capture using Nebulosity - which gives you decent processing options too. Another option is JamesF's oaCapture with OpenPHD2 going the guiding.

Thanks Nick. I have used James's oaCapture for my ASI120M efforts and it works great. Canon EOS utility works for Macs which is what I am using for that. The significant work being done recently for astro apps for OSX is not going unappreciated .....

Archived