Weather forecasting

A topic often commented on but for the benefit of beginners there is nothing to beat looking outside and keeping an eye on what is happening.  Thus today, at 3pm when I look at the 3 different forecasters that I use, one says this evening will be partly cloudy, another says 100% cloud, the other 0%.  The only time I can reasonably rely on the forecasts is when they all say the same, though that can merely mean that they are all wrong.

And the Met office were boasting that they would be able to tell you what the weather will be in your area 10 days into the future with their new super computer - that ad soon dropped though.

Magic 8 ball? Mystic Meg? These all appear to be more reliable than the weather forecasts that I have been reading as of late.

Then again, where I am, they could have a screenshot saying "100% cloud" and it would be correct 9 times out of 10.

Tonight is meant to be clear (2 different weather sites) but I know that as soon as I get aligned, the clouds will roll in. Happens over and over agian.

Archived