Celestron

Usually considered good, the mount takes the 6SE and the 8SE so it is well within spec with the 6SE OTA on it.

Like any goto the data and set up is an important aspect of it.

The phrase Read the Manual comes to mind as well as assume nothing.

The field of view is narrow so look at the longer focal length eyepieces to get any like a half wide view. A 32mm plossl will deliver about 1 degree and that is a bit less then M42 and M45 (forget M31).

Needs power, you can run off and buy a few packs of batteries from Poundland to get going (rechargeables are no use as the voltage is too low).

Reasonable plossl's work well as the scope is f/10 (I think), BST's and X-Cel's would I guess be nicer.

Adjusting focus is a slow affair.

As Ronin said................good scope. I have the 8se. I cant say i have any complaints apart from when focusing. The view does wobble for about 5-6 seconds after focusing but that is nothing really. Purists would be really annoyed by it. I dont think the tripod is to blame. I think its the focusing knob. It is a bit of a fine tuning operation to get the scope 100% completely sharp.

It certainly shouldnt be a factor against buying one.

Archived