Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A good Alt-AZ mount / with GoTo ?

pluton

Hello,

I am looking for information or advice on a good portable Alt-AZ mount, maybe  also with Goto for a small refractor ED 80, you ha¡have using this setup for visual use?

I know some this mount in magazines, Nexstar SE, Skyprodify, SLT Celestron, ioptron..?

Thank you very much

Regards

Paul

Someone once put a Megrez 72 on a Skywatcher Alt/Az, looked very nice.

Not sure about an 80 as they are heavier all round.

One other aspect is the setup and alignment, the Meades are simple to start with - basically level and North and they pick 2 alignment stars, so you do npt really need to know much. Skywatcher/Celestron assume some knowledge. Not s=ure about the iOptron cubes - the cubes are constructed to be able to point a scope anywhere (vertically up) whereas the other 2 cannot.

As the Meades are fork mounts you cannot really change scopes, which I suppose rules them out. Skywatcher/Celestrons are easy to get TS sell them. iOptron cubes not sure, they seemed to have problems but nothing recently doing the complaints round - I think they changed the gears of the basic model to brass ones and sorted a lot out with that change.

As asked previously what is the budget and what is the scope.

While saying TS sell Alt/Az it may be irrelevant as not a clue concerning where you are.

Archived