NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Heritage Question

Yet another question regarding my 130p Heritage.

Since I'm not completely happy with the dob mount, I've been looking into GoTo for it.

I've found a Nexstar SLT GoTo mount for sale and wondered if this would be compatible with the scope? And probably a silly question, but with said mount if I was to accidentally hit the scope when viewing or refocus, would this move the scope out of alignment or is it pretty much solid in terms of movement when not using the control pad?

Much appreciated!

Is the SLT mount just the mount and it will sit on a table?
If so then yes it is liable to rotate and so lose it's position.

Usually they are on a tripod and screwed onto a fixing plate so basically nothing moves unless you really thump it.

Make sure the SLT mount is able to handle the weight of the130P.

Is the SLT mount just the mount and it will sit on a table?

If so then yes it is liable to rotate and so lose it's position.

Usually they are on a tripod and screwed onto a fixing plate so basically nothing moves unless you really thump it.

Make sure the SLT mount is able to handle the weight of the130P.

I have just asked if it comes with a tripod, I hope it does else it won't be worth buying really.

Excellent, hopefully it'll make focussing the heritage less frustrating on planets without it shooting back and forth out of view.

Hate answering these, always have the idea that the seller is on SGL so it always seems unfair to pass judgement.

Using TS as the source the Skywatcher Alt/Az Synscan goto is 300€.

That equates to about £230 and it is generally said 2/3 the new cost so that makes £155 area.

So it all falls about correct/reasonable/expected.

No idea who sells (retailer) the mount only in the UK so may be a bit out.

But as a rough estimate it's about right.

Hate answering these, always have the idea that the seller is on SGL so it always seems unfair to pass judgement.

Using TS as the source the Skywatcher Alt/Az Synscan goto is 300€.

That equates to about £230 and it is generally said 2/3 the new cost so that makes £155 area.

So it all falls about correct/reasonable/expected.

No idea who sells (retailer) the mount only in the UK so may be a bit out.

But as a rough estimate it's about right.

Yeah there is a possibility they are, but I appreciate your input.

Will give it a think, having read up on the SLT mounts it seems they suffer from vibrations unless you mod the tripod a bit or replace it completely. As I've said in another thread I have a Manfrotto tripod I might try replacing it with if possible to make it more sturdy.

Archived