Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Screw spacing SW 150p focuser

Hi

I am mulling the idea of adding a 6" newt to the stable as my main scope.

Unlike the c8 it could still sit on my small mount, should cool down fast and doesn't require a dew strip. Perfect when time is at a premium.

Now I see 3 options, a SW 150p if I can put the OO oc 1 m focuser on I have at home.

The base plate to fit 6" tubes has the following spacing between the screws 6.8 cm wide and 7.8 cm deep.

Would this fit the 150p without to much fiddling around?

Next would be the 150 pds and at the more expensive end the OO vx6 with a rebadged baader steeltrack focuser.

I recently bought a 80ed ds and was quite impressed with it, the only niggle I have is the clamp at the end of the focuser tube which I find a let down as the rest, including the ds focuser is rather good. So with this experience I am quite positive towards Skywatcher.

150P as near as I can make it, 8.8 cm wide, and 8.4 cm deep with the 2" Crayford. Verniers at the center of the mounting screws.

I don't find this focuser to be that bad over all and certainly it is not a 'must' change item.

hth,

Rich

Thanks Rich, so no straight forward swap.

The only reason I prefer dual speed focuser is that you can fine tune the focus without shaking the scope to much. With the 1 speed focuser I usual shake the scope when focusing and it's harder to find the perfect point.

Archived