Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wireless dimmer for LEd strip, will it work?

Luis Campos

Hi all,

I was wondering if I can use one of these to control the TEC unit for my camera? This would be cool as I wouldn't have to touch the camera to increase or decrease cooling :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-RF-Wireless-Remote-Switch-Controller-Dimmer-for-Mini-LED-Strip-Light-New-FO-/291316838983?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43d3d63247

Can anyone let me know please?

Thanks!

t should work as these sort of things tend to use pulse width modulation. In other words the switch at some frequency with a variable on time. You can also get manually operated ones that work the same way. Some people use those for controlling the light intensity when they convert microscopes to LED lighting. The current rating on these is more or less the same so I'd guess the radio controlled ones use the same switching electronics.

John
-

Cool :)

Thanks John, that's what I was hoping to hear :) Yes, I use the manual ones coupled with a TEC digital controller and they work very well :)

These remote ones will be a crazy experience, let's see...but it would be cool to control the cooling output with no need to touch the camera ;)

Thanks

Archived