NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

meade 125 scope any good?

The optics are generally very good on the ETX range, but the mount and gears tend to be a bit poor and regularly go wrong. You will find a few people here who have them and love them, and equally as many people who have had them go POP! on them.

SteveL

I know 3 people who have had terrible problems with ETX125 - all were replaced and all the new ones went wrong too. Generally, they don't GOTO where they should.

Buy a Celestron 5 inch and enjoy using a telescope rather than having to send it back - often.

Scotastro

SteveL

I know 3 people who have had terrible problems with ETX125 - all were replaced and all the new ones went wrong too. Generally, they don't GOTO where they should.

Buy a Celestron 5 inch and enjoy using a telescope rather than having to send it back - often.

Scotastro

From my experience of an ETX125 I agree - buy a Celestron!

Helen

My first scope was an ETX-125 EC (May 2006), great optics but the mount is all plastic and its very easy to over tighten the DEC axis and ruin the plastic thread. Also, the motors have a tendency to stick which, can be very annoying. You'd be better off getting a Celestron, the C6 is a very good alternative and the CG-5 mount (I've now got one of those) is excellent for the price!

Archived