NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lonely old Owl !

halli

First go at the Owl (12x15min subs)

Should have tried to include M108 to take advantage of my 130pds FOV but  didn't realise it was so close !  

Going to have my Canon 1100D modded now the clouds have gathered - I can then use my newly acquired UHC filter without introducing a blue background and  have another go at the lonely old bird ! Perhaps I may even see some red in there somewhere then.

Quite a small object for a  f5 130 mm reflector  -   although I should have waited until around midnight before I started the imaging run as it would have been a lot higher in the sky and less affected by LP.    Difficult to delay things though when the sky is clear !

post-36401-0-76305800-1422217715_thumb.j

Thanks Alexxx.     

I was thinking of using Astronomiser who charge £80 for the straight filter removal or £140 for the removal and replacement with a Badder filter.

I understand the latter will mean the autofocus is corrected whereas the former will mean the autofocus will be out.  Wrt white balance they both are equivalent and this needs to be corrected for daytime use.  Magic Lantern can do this.  Has anyone any experience of Astronomiser ?  Also is my understanding correct ?  Thanks for any comments !

Cheers

Archived