Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

uhc nebula filter

alro

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explore Scientific 1.25" UHC Nebula Filter Ref: 0310215

hello all and thanks again for any advice and recommends you throw my way. I am now looking at buying a nebula uhc filter and i like the look of this one by ES . I live in a relatively dark skies area so this is about the price i want to pay to see if this will make much of a difference, ive heard its an all rounder in this field!.

Has anyone used these filters or if you have any advice on this, i really appreciate your time and help.

i know a decision should not be made on packaging, but the box does looks good!

al

Some good ones come to mind:

Lumicon UHC

Thousand Oaks LP-2

DGM NPB

Orion Ultrablock

TeleVue Nebustar (being discontinued, but still in dealer stocks)

There may be other quality filters.  Look for a bandwidth of <30nm and greater than 90% transmission at 486nm (H-beta), and 496nm and 501nm (O-III lines).

Mine arrived today, fantastic service :-) . The box would enable this thing to be delivered by cannon , my graph is slightly diffo to the others and I have number 0246, so it all looks good. Seems like a very good price for a tested filter, just hope it performs now.

Archived