NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

revelation eyepiece /filter kit

alro

Revelation branded stuff is made by GSO in Taiwan. It's decent for the money it costs. My main hesitation about these kits is that you need to have a use for all the componants to make them value for money and thats often not the case. Bear in mind that you can buy a single GSO plossl eyepiece for £15 or even less on the used market. It can be more cost effective to cherry pick the accessories that you actually need, as you decide you need them.

I can see you point, for sure.

I am just starting out, and had nothing really apart from the standard EP's and a moon filter.  I didn't look at the second hand market personally, mostly because I didn't have access to the classifieds here, and there is a lot of much more expensive stuff out there too, and I really just didn't know where to start.  Although I did KNOW I wanted a better 10mm (although it came with a 9 and a 12), something in between the 10 and 20 (15 covered that), something bigger for a more wide field view (32mm that also attaches straight to my camera), a Barlow X2 and a T-Adaptor, and a case for all the EP's I would have.  The cases I saw on ebay were around £35 anyway, so thought why not.

At least now I have a selection of EP's that I can use, a box to keep them in, and have started out on what I need for imaging.  And a few filters thrown in too. (ND96, #11, #25A, #47, #82A).  I am reasonably happy with the kit as it came, although I feel it should have included the projection camera adaptor too being the photo visual kit.

Fair enough and I hope you enjoy the kit :smiley:

It's worth keeping an eye on the UK Astro Buy & Sell website. It's a really good place to use when you are looking for something and / or want to sell on something yourself:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/

Virtually all my stuff has been bought used - I'd never be able to afford it otherwise ! :rolleyes2:

Archived