It could be a long wait !

Tried to buy my second scope from FLO yesterday. Looking for a grab and go frac to take on holidays and quick sessions in the garden.SW startravel 120mm on a AZ4 on steel legs is my choice. I had been researching for a couple of months in the lead up to Christmas. Non in stock. Non in the UK and suppliers can't tell when they will come in. Also the SW ST 102 is in the same situation. That'll teach me to faff around. This hobby must be expanding at a fair old speed in the UK.

Hi Garry, that's a good choice, though the 120mm (and the AZ4 for that matter) are not that light; I prefer the 100mm for grab & go as you can see from my signature, but your dob and frac are a good complimentary combination.  I love my frac as I am not so mobile since buying my 200P.

I must admit that since I put my ST102 on a vixen II mount it's made such a difference in setup times.

I can be up and observing in about 5 minutes which makes it ideal when there's a half hour break in the clouds. Really is an excellent grab'n'go setup.

Does does mean that due to short supply my scope is appreciating in value? :)

Do you guys know if there is a big difference with viewing of the two scopes ie how much better/worse is the 120 over the 100 apertures. I ask because I was still slightly undecided between them I like the idea of the shorter tube on the 100 but went for the higher aperture for light gathering and of course that comes with the 600 mm fl

Archived