Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Illuminated right angle viewfinder recommendation

I am looking for a good illuminated RA viewfinder to fit my Meade LX90 ACF. One that will slip into the original mount would be good.

Any recommendations welcome as long as it's available in the UK

Allan

The Stellarview F50M/Williams Optics 50mm RA finder would be my recommendation, I bought the WO version from (Agena Astro on Ebay) to replace the popular Altair Astro 10x60 RA finder which I didn't like - finicky eye position and shocking stars in the outer 50% of the FOV with the supplied illuminated EP. I use the WO with the TS 23mm illuminated reticle EP and illuminator. I also bought the ES guide scope rings to fit the funny ES/Meade mounting shoe and it all landed in the UK for the same money as I actually sold the AA for.

The SV/WO *should* slide inside the standard finder rings as I can't believe the OTA diameter of two 8x50 finders can be that different.

Russell 

Archived