Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 Not Slewing properly

Hi Miguel,

I have not yet updated the hand set. Just celebrated my little boy's 6th birthday. I will try tomorrow to update the hand set. By the way, thanks for the heads up on joining the EQ6 yahoo group. I'll give that a shot for answers.

Larry

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to update my SynScan hand control for the "SynScan showing the wrong voltage fix". I get an error saying it is incompatible with version 2.22?? firmware. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Thanks,

Larry

Miguel,

The problem is - I have updated to version 3.36 firmware. However, when I try to update for the "wrong voltage reading fix", I get the error of the 2.22 firmware. Maybe my SynScan is faulty. I even updated to 3.36 again. What is weird is when I go through the update process, the SynScan says I have version 1.7. I still have not received any feedback from Skywatcher.

You might find that the handset is at 3.36 and the motor (drive board) software at 1.7.

Think people have been caught out by this before.

For some reason you would expect the handset to display the handset version as a default, OK to just about everyone it makes sense but not to Celestron, and it doesn't.

Think you may have to go digging into the menu options.

They need handsets with a bigger display, 5 or 6 lines at least, then they could simply display SOftware:

Handset ver, Drive Ver and any others all at once.

Hi Larry,

It sounds like your motor controller firmware is an early version... you appear to have v1.7.1 

I cannot think why it is saying 2.22 firmware, since that does not appear to exist.

the latest for the AZ-EQ6 is: -

Taken directly from the Skywatcher update page just a minute ago and is the correct version to work with the V3.36 handset firmware.

This could well be your problem

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

ok, there is no technical support directly for Skywatcher products. You have to go through your supplier - who is simply a salesperson. I was told the technical support people are Chinese and are in China right now, and you cannot contact them directly. Ouch! Lessons learned the hard way.

Archived