LovejoyC/2014 Q2

Having never seen or tried to photograph a comet in my life, I thought it about time I gave this one a try. Have been watching the weather tonight, light cloud rolling over all evening making seeing difficult. With Orion high enough in the sky I thought I would just take a few test shots at 55mm to see what I could see through the clouds. This is the best.

Now here is the question, is that small green light in the bottom right section that I have circled Comet Lovejoy 2014? It would appear to be in the right position in relation to Rigel and Lepus for Jan 1. Would appreciate if someone could confirm yes or no. Unfortunately it has lost some colour from the original RAW image so harder to pick out. Moon is a pain as well.

With some clear sky I should then be able to get some much closer shots. I know it is at it's closest on Jan 7 but more cloud is forcast later in the week.

Thanks in advance.

post-34685-0-15968200-1420148494_thumb.j

Astometry chart

post-34685-0-10644900-1420148066.jpg

Archived