Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

December 29th Solar

Pig

Hiya all,

Another fine clear sunny day and a very cold one indeed :cool:

AR2248 is looking mighty active this morning (see images below) it is surrounded by a very bright orange plaged area, it isn't a million miles from facing right at us as it happens ( ok its 90 million miles ) :smiley: AR2252 & AR2249 are on the opposite sides of the limb and one of them should be coming into view at any time, thus one for white light viewing and to look out for :smiley:

There isn't much in the way of large proms today but there are some lovely smaller proms dotted about the limb that are worth zooming in on . A nice bright prom is developing around the 3 O'clock position that is looking promising, lets hope it explodes sometime soon :laugh:

post-27910-0-36428200-1419852009.jpg

post-27910-0-57750400-1419852018.jpg

Very nice report, Shaun! It was super cold here too. As you say, proms not quite as fancy as yesterday and 2248 very active, I saw it flaring a decent amount and a bit of flaring too in I think 2249 and 2251, and I appreciated the filaments a bit more than yesterday, I think I had my attention stolen by the proms!

I have been super lucky to get four days of solar in during my hols. Forecast not so good now for the coming days our way but I would have taken four days of decent seeing. I hope anyone who is owed some sunshine gets lucky today/soon.

I have been quite fortunate with the sunshine also Luke, mind you we are not that far apart so we probably share much the same forecast.

The forecast is pretty crumby for sometime by the looks of it, tonight should be ok for a spot of Lunar viewing :smiley:

Archived