NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Must have filters for one shot color

AstroEd

I know folks with mono cameras like doing Ha shots but I was wondering what the must have / nice to have filters for Color camera are? Hoping to move to dark skies eventually so if you can suggest filters that benefit from Darker skies as well as light to moderate light pollution, currently I have a Baader UV/IR-cut filter, Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter, and a Meade Series 4000 Narrowband Nebular Filter.

I always have a Baader UHC-S on my DSLR. This does a few things for me, UV/IR cut to achieve good focus and stop red star bloating, cuts out LP (not that I have much) and increases contrast on nebulae.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

I meant that the UHC-S has IR cut as well as LP properties. It transmits fairly narrow bands of light in the dark red and green parts of the spectrum. This allows through Ha, OIII, SII, Hb etc but cuts out unwanted light.

It dims the image quite a lot but not in the wavelengths we want to look at.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Archived