Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ6 and TAL150K Dovetail

Morgai

Hi All

Looking to upgrade my mount for the original  EQ3 to an EQ6 Pro Synsan this Christmas :grin:. However I have a couple of questions regarding fitting the TAL Dovetail to this mount. The Original mount which came with the scope has mounting holes at 150mm on the head. The EQ6 I'm looking at has a dovetail mount for both Vixen and Losmandy dovetails. So I'm assuming I will need to purchase another dovetail, and connect this to my current TAL dovetail to mount the scope.

Scope is TAL150K , details of dovetail  here . 

Also any comments on power supplies for the EQ6 (I'm only looking to use near the house at present, so have access to mains power)

Regards Doug

Hi Doug,

from the photo's it looks like your TAL150K has a Vixen type dovetail fitted. If so, should be ideal for the EQ6.

Regards power supply for the EQ6 I use the Maplins Pwert supply. This outputs 13.8v which is ideal for the EQ6.

Remember if using mains power outdoors to use weatherproof outdoor regulation fittings backed up with an RCD unit.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-69w-dc-fixed-voltage-bench-power-supply-xm22y

cheers

Steve

Archived