Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple of upgrades

Earl

Having a dabble with Luna imaging with the view to some planetary further down the line, I had a DMK618 for my C9.25.

Today an ASI120MM-S (from Zoltan and 365 astronomy, really quick too) arrived some Astronomik Planet Pro Filters and a Optec TCF-S 2 inch motorised focuser arrived (from ABS), its going to be nice to focus without the need to touch the telescope and also not have to use the stock focuser.

Im just waiting on the adapter from optec to attach the focuer to the scope and im all set.

I am debating which Filterwheel to use on this setup I think I could get away with a 5 posistion for RGB, and both Planet Pro filters. but ill probably get another SX 7 Posistion USB wheel as the price is about the same overall.

Hi earl

I have an optec tcf-s 2 inch focusser ,it's a cracking piece of kit , i think you will be very pleased  with how it performs.

So far with a tinker on my desk im very happy, I do like the center option too thats very usefull Ill set it to that, manually focus then refine from there onwards.

Archived