Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS Paragon ED EPs

Alfian

I'm window shopping for a 18 - 20mm (range - not zoom!)  up to about £60, and there is a lot of choice. I have scopes ranging from 114 F5 to a 102 F13 Mak. I had almost settled on the 18mm Celestron X-Cel LX and that still seems a good bet, but then came across this:

http://www.365astronomy.com/ts-paragon-ed-21mm-125-eyepiece-50-deg-20mm-eye-relief-p-4006.html

Narrower fov but looks interesting - anybody know anything about them?

Think they came out quite a few years ago under a few names, Orion was one and Widescreen Centre had the same under their name or something like that.

They never caught on, no idea why.

Presently they are overlooked for the BST Starguiders which are ED and 60 degrees.

To be honest the internals may be the same for all I know but the BST's are supposed to be ones designed by (or for) Astro-Tech so if that is correct they will be internally different. As the BST's are £49 there is little between them.

Actually Barsta that make the BST's/Paradigms do not seem to produce that model so assume different internal glass.

Archived