Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bosma telescope.

Hi everyone.I'm a new newbie my second correspondence for you..Can someone please advise on this query for me please.I purchased what I thought was a mak cassegrain telescope from a well known buyer and seller site....I'm now trying to sell it and have been in touch with a supplier to part exchange it for other kit.I've sent him pics and he seems to think the telescope is a Bosma it has D=152mm and F=1900mm. He seems keen on purchasing and has asked me what I want for it. I've tried to find a value on the net but nothing conclusive. Can anyone plus give me any ideas on a secondhand value.it has a finderscope with bracket rings.they both have seen better days a little cosmetically but I do remember the guy I purchased it from (buyer and seller site) said it passed so many tests against other well known brands.do I have a gem or a dud??!many thanks.maxine

The only reference I can locate is: http://www.dinodirect.com/shopping-Bosma-Telescope-f-binoculars-telescopes/

Trouble is the price seems strange as it says $3094 and $1547, that is a fair reduction., also it has a fairly robust looking mount attached that seems to be a goto - no idea if you have the mount+scope or just the OTA.

Also not sure what the site is that I have linked to, cannot locate a shop that sells them for a retail price.

They seem to be a few Bosma's in Australia.

Just found this: http://www.cieletespace.fr/files/InstrumentTest/BosmaMK18015.pdf

It is in French, it gives a tube only price of 675€ HOWEVER I see that the date is 2007.

They do not seem to be accompanied with the words "Avoid at all costs" when a search is thrown in. Usually something turns up. They are a Chinese made item, but just about all of them are, there is a Russian one, but I cannot think of any that are not Chinese.

Basically, I don't know. Cannot see anything saying it is awful and nothing saying brilliant, actually almost nothing at all.

Assuming it is "average" then on the two bits I could find it looks like the whole kit is £1000, and the scope is about £400 of that. Using the general guide of 3/4 - 2/3 for a used item you have a range of £300-250.

How does that sound?

It would match up with the present cost of a Skywatcher 150 Mak, they are £500 new.

I did have a suspicion they would be sold under another name, just no idea which. Seems Altair and iOptron.

Read the reference here to "sturdy", one reference I saw (Icsinspace) said they were a 3mm thick case so "sturdy" would be appropriate.

Hi everyone.I'm a new newbie my second correspondence for you..Can someone please advise on this query for me please.I purchased what I thought was a mak cassegrain telescope from a well known buyer and seller site....I'm now trying to sell it and have been in touch with a supplier to part exchange it for other kit.I've sent him pics and he seems to think the telescope is a Bosma it has D=152mm and F=1900mm. He seems keen on purchasing and has asked me what I want for it. I've tried to find a value on the net but nothing conclusive. Can anyone plus give me any ideas on a secondhand value.it has a finderscope with bracket rings.they both have seen better days a little cosmetically but I do remember the guy I purchased it from (buyer and seller site) said it passed so many tests against other well known brands.do I have a gem or a dud??!many thanks.maxine

It might be this one. If it is I have the same model but with different branding.  :smiley:

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Telescopes-Opticstar.asp?p=0_10_1_1_210

Archived