Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best filters for Nebulae?

CountBorgula

85 Euros (with a bit for shipping) is a nice price! I'm trying to read that chart in the screenshot to compare with astronimik's stats. Be great to hear some reviews of this........I might have to jump on this grenade!

The band pass width of the ES looks similar to other O-III's with a max pass in the mid 90%'s. The Astronomik band pass width is a little more generous than most O-III's so they probably won't match exactly. These band pass charts are not calibrated very precisely so it's difficult to predict exactly how a filter will perform from just examining it's chart.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks John. The chart in the picture certainly isn't as detailed as the one found on Astronomik's website. Tough choice but I like the confirmation that the Astronomik is more generous and is a known quantity of being very good. No sense in buying twice.

Archived