Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

filters without wheel...can ya?

Scott

I am about to borrow an atik 16hr off a very kind member and I'm wondering, is it possible to use filters without a wheel? I realise that this it something I will need in the long run but I was just wondering if I can use a nb filter  as a stand alone for starters to get a taste of imaging in ha?

Also, there are many great books about pertaining to the capture/processing ccd images but I was wondering if there are any that cover the "mechanical" aspects, for lack of a better word?  

I feel like after everything I've learnt over the last few years, I know nothing :(. Oh well, new horisons and all 

Thanks for your input :) 

Hi Scott,

There is no reason at all why you shouldn't install a NB filter on its own without a filter wheel. Some 1.25" nose pieces already have a suitable thread built in. This is a great way to start mono imaging.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Hi Scott,

There is no reason at all why you shouldn't install a NB filter on its own without a filter wheel. Some 1.25" nose pieces already have a suitable thread built in. This is a great way to start mono imaging.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Cheers Steve, I've just got mepc out and was about to have a look :). Still trying to get my head around spacings etc...all good fun I guess 

Archived