Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

dew spots on my flattener, how to remove them

they seem to be inside the glass not on the surface

possibly between two layers of glass

a couple of weeks ago I was out and stayed out too long and dew soaked everything
my ED 80 and ST 80 were totally misted over but some heat cleared them in a couple of hours
but my SW field flattener which was also misted up has 5 "Spots" where the beads of dew dried up

imaging last night using it didn't seem to cause any problems but its annoying when I see them

and I don't want to take the chance of it causing problems on the future

In the past, when I had problems with water penetrating lenses and such, I found the only solution - without disassembling the thing - was time. It got in there, somehow, and it can find it's way back out. Like a kitten that climbs it's first tree and mews for rescue.

If this is not viable, I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer/seller for advise. Taking it apart with the blessing of the seller/manufacturer would likely void your warranty.

Let us know please?

Dave

Archived