Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

full spectrum filter

libraryman

Hi all, i have just finished modifying my spare 450D to full spectrum..it won't be used for astro imaging just terrestrial.

I want to fit an IR pass filter on the lens (52mm) anyone got any recommendation for a decent  IR filter?

Ray

R72?

Did you re-shim the sensor after removing the filters of the front of the Sensor? If you didn't then don't rely on the AF ... Liveview focusing should be fine as it uses the sensor rather than the AF Sensor...

I used to use an R72 of a Full spectrum 350D that I didn't re-shim and had a focus "offset" table for the lenses I used the most... in fact on a cheap 18-55 I added a couple of extra index marks to it...

Peter...

Hi Peter, no I didn't reshim, I'll just manually focus, if there is going to be an issue, it will be either front or back focus!! I can check that later but for my uses and on an initial test, it appears o.k.

The lens will be a prime focus 28mm 2.8 52mm filter, I'll look at the Hoya R72.

Ray

Archived