Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR to colour cooled CCD

jambouk

I think the home made thing could reduce the sensor temperature by 5-10 degrees, and a permanent solution would be some hassle to make.

I've just emailed Bern to ask him about leads and spacing for the QHY8L on an ED80 with 0.8x reducer....

Thanks for an entertaining and highly informative thread.

James

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't have that ED80 yet then you can also look at quadruplets with corrector built-in with any-distance valid (handy). Lately there are also 50 mm widefield refractors too, which could help covering large part of the sky. That M27 I've posted was from GSO 6" RC which is vastly cheaper than the more popular 8" RC.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Does the red component of the bayer matrix in a OSC CCD block much hydrogen alpha?

Looking at older OSC CCDs like the atik 16ic, combined with the ED80, the combination frames various planetary nebula and clusters quite nicely.

James

Hi James,

I forgotten that I had mono 16ic, small sensor but it was my first CCD and I can not make myself to part with it. With the correct scope it is still a great little camera for galaxy hunting.

A.G

PS: My dream set up is still a twin rig with a couple of 460s, photon eaters.

Archived