NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW ED80 first attempt

Actually got my first picture through my new ED80 last night.

By the time i had everything set up and the cloud had finally cleared, (and found a hairdryer and extension lead for dew control) my obvious first target of M31 was so close to the Meridian, i decided Pleiades was the obvious choice. I think its a subject that needs a lot of data though?

i managed an hours worth of keepable subs (keepable to me for being my first attempt)

Sorry for it being upside down, back to front and generally badly framed.

Im realising just how much stuff there is to check and get right for imaging (at least to a newbie)

I took 11x360 lights, 11 darks, 11 bias and 11 flats, used the beta version of BackyardNikon, focussing with the FWHM, (trickier than it sounds on paper).

I used the ASPA in the remote of the AVX, as playing with AlignMaster seemed another wire and thing to confuse. I think i still have a lot to learn about getting better polar alignment. (everything i guess)

The Synguider seemed to lock quite happily after some tweaking.

Processed in nebulosity using a youtube video workflow, and then tweaked further in photoshop. 

I think I have a lot to learn.. but its fun.

post-32261-0-74002000-1414242030_thumb.j

Hmmm,be interesting to see if they get hot enough. By the looks of them you could cut and fold out into a long strip rather than a square without cutting the element.

theres got to be a better way to spend the £100+ that would be needed to buy the proper ones and a controller, crazy money.

Archived