Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Radial Guider / T2 T-ring

I've recently bought a second hand Celestron Radial Guider to connect a dslr to my scope.

I can't get a T2 T-ring to fit onto the male screw thread of the OAG.

I've tried fitting a T2 T-ring and an M42 T-ring to the OAG.  Neither of these fits.

Having a close look at the male thread on the OAG it does look closely pitched like a T2 thread.

I've now ordered a Celestron T-Ring.  If their T-ring doesn't fit then it must be a damaged thread.

I might have wasted my money on this one!

Is T2 the right size?  Does anyone have any ideas why the T-ring doesn't fit?

post-17386-0-21912400-1414235608_thumb.j

When I try screwing my T-ring on the OAG it goes on about half a turn but won't go any further.  It feels like the thread pitch doesn't match.  I've tried an M42 lens adapter ring (just to get the thread size) but that was even worse.

The T-ring that I have is from FLO and fits the standard Celestron SCT camera adapter #93633-A.  I thought both adapter and OAG would accept the same T-ring being manufactured by the same company.

The Celestron  T-ring has arrived.  This doesn't fit either  :sad:

Does anybody own a Celestron Radial Guider #94176?  Am I missing something that's obvious?  :confused:

I'm starting to lose patients with this now and I'm thinking about forcing the T-ring onto the OAG... must keep calm...

If the fitting isn't T2 and it isn't M42, what other size could the thread be?  :confused:

I'd be extremely grateful if anybody could help.

I had one of these for review a few years ago and the port on the rear should be a standard 'T' male thread from what I recall. This manual appears to confirm thI've see

Thanks for the reply.

I've read the manual, and that's the conclusion I came to.  All I can think is that the thread is damaged.  I've tried two different T-rings now with the same result.  Strange though because the thread doesn't even look marked.

Archived