Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher OAG - focus issue

Superdavo

I recently bought a SkyWatcher off axis guider, and tonight I have tried to use it with my Canon 1100D camera, and SW200P telescope, but I have been having issues with getting it to focus - when I try to focus it, the focuser reaches the scope before it can reach focus - and so won't go any further.

Has anyone else had this issue before? If so, what can I do?

David

This is a common problem I'm afraid with adding anything to the light path on a Newtonian reflector. Is this a 'Blue Tube' 200P with the R & P focuser? If so, you are likely to struggle resolving this easily.

A Barlow may indeed assist here but the issue then is a doubling of the apparent focal length. The second possible solution is to use a Baader MP Coma Corrector as this not only helps to get rid of coma but it gives you an extra 10mm of backfocus to play with which *may* be enough. The third solution is to fit a low profile focuser.

Archived