NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Please help me with my first scope

Collimation is not that often and it is very quick if you check it each session or leave it alone till it becomes obvious it needs looking at.

Cleaning mirrors is better just left alone dust and odd bits do not detract what you see or are seen.

A barlow can be used to increase magnification which is otherwise set. But this would be for say the Moon or Jupiter not sure you would add a barlow to the mix for DSO.

If you are looking at a reflector and to image then something like the 130P-DS might be an idea as often DSLR wont reach focus whwn used with any reflector. And that reflector is geared up for imaging with a better focuser etc. I gather.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collimation is not that often and it is very quick if you check it each session or leave it alone till it becomes obvious it needs looking at.

Cleaning mirrors is better just left alone dust and odd bits do not detract what you see or are seen.

A barlow can be used to increase magnification which is otherwise set. But this would be for say the Moon or Jupiter not sure you would add a barlow to the mix for DSO.

If you are looking at a reflector and to image then something like the 130P-DS might be an idea as often DSLR wont reach focus whwn used with any reflector. And that reflector is geared up for imaging with a better focuser etc. I gather.

the scope I'm thinking of can be used for astrophotography (it can reach focus) thanks though. :)

And should I buy a case for my telescope? Or can I just carry them without much problem?

Archived