Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Titan Mono dual purpose CCD camera

cosmojaydee

Hello, I need some advice on the Atik Titan Mono dual purpose CCD camera camera .I am lookin to purchase this camera but need to know what else I may need in terms of leads ect. I will be incorporating an Atil OAG . I know I will need a power supply unit and a ST4 cable , is there anything I am missing?

The setup I will be using this with is a Skywatcher Evostar 80DS-PRO  with 0.9x CC, sat on an  HEQ5  using EQMOD. Is there any other program I may need or an alternative

I already have the lead to connect the PC to the mount

Thanks in advance 

Jeff

What back focus does the OAG add?

What is the back focus requierment of the reducer?

What thread is on the scope side of the OAG?

The back focus on the OAG is -12mm

The thread on the scope side of the OAG is m42 x 0.75mm

Cant see any info on the back focus requirement for the reducer, but lookingat the info I will need a M42 to T2 adapter

That wont work, the OAG is designed to be bolted onto the Atik Filter wheel, you need to get an adapter which bolts onto the OAG and allows you to connect the Titan via the T-Thread, have you bought the OAG yet?

That wont work, the OAG is designed to be bolted onto the Atik Filter wheel, you need to get an adapter which bolts onto the OAG and allows you to connect the Titan via the T-Thread, have you bought the OAG yet?

No , I was looking for advice before I bought

Your intending to iamge with your Canon and guide with the Atik?

Getting an OAG to fit is not going to work as the Reducer is designed to attach direct to the camera via a M48 to EOS adapter, not leaving any space for an OAG to fit.

what will be a better option is a QHY5 camera on a ST80 piggy backed onto your ED80.

If you get the standalone ST80 which are around £100 and a QHY5 II £199.00, You might need an extension to get focus with the ST80 and QHY which you can make by taking the lens out of the Barlow supplied with the ST80

This will get you guiding and using your DSLR.

IF you want to use an OAG and your DSLR you will need to look at another reducer with the extra backfocus to get it to fit in, this is not goign to be cheap and a duplication of equipment you already have.

I would like to eliminate using my Cannon and use a dedicated CCD so it looks like I may have to purchase two camera's one for guiding and one for imaging . The diffuculy seems to be in fitting the reducer, scope oag and camara in the train 

Unless you go for a SBIG dual chip camera you will need 2 cameras.

Getting ccd's filterwheels and reducers to all bolt together is a problem, this is why i went for a ccd with it all built into one box with a qsi 683, this does increase the cost though, but worth it long term

Archived