Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

is the SW Evostar pro DS focuser compatable with the SW 200P

I have a SW 200p I converted with a SW auto focus unit and Hitech astro controller
I now have an ED 80 pro with the DS focus unit, I'd like to swap them over as the 200p will be used for solar / lunar / planetary work
and the ED 80 for DSO where I'd prefer to have the auto focus ability

from what I can see it should be a straight forward swap over by just removing the 4 bolts on each and swap around

or is it easier to just remove the bar and swap them over
I have another mounting plate that came with the SW auto unit that I think may be needed to get this to work

any advice on the best way to go about this appreciated

I have a SW 200p I converted with a SW auto focus unit and Hitech astro controller

I now have an ED 80 pro with the DS focus unit, I'd like to swap them over as the 200p will be used for solar / lunar / planetary work

and the ED 80 for DSO where I'd prefer to have the auto focus ability

from what I can see it should be a straight forward swap over by just removing the 4 bolts on each and swap around

or is it easier to just remove the bar and swap them over

I have another mounting plate that came with the SW auto unit that I think may be needed to get this to work

any advice on the best way to go about this appreciated

I think the difference between two is in the fine focus mechanism in the DS Pro. You maybe able to just swap the focusing mechanism but not the whole focuser. If you did try please be careful not to loose 4 tiny rubber rings under the 4 small bolts.

A.G

Archived