Looking for 2" self centering adapter

Danker16

Hi Danker16, not quite sure what you mean, just to clarify, the adaptor I have is a 2" to 1.25" self-centering adaptor, like this one:

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Orion_Precision_Eyepiece_Centering_Adaptor__2513.html

Is this what you have already, or are you looking for something different?

I read that Danker wants  a  2" self centring adapter......

Yeah i have the 2 to 1.25 but I want a self centering adapter for a 2 in eye piece. The thumb screws really throw the 2 in eye piece of center. Looking to get a spot on collimation and star views

It looks like what you want is something like this:

https://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16412

I'd be wary buying from Altair Astro if you want it in a hurry though, they promised me a next day delivery for which I paid £6 and didn't receive the item until I called them three days later, at which point they finally sent it (and not on 'next day' either, though I managed to pick it up from the courier's depot on the next day).  If you wanted to buy this, I'd suggest finding a stockist at a real astro shop.

Not sure if you resolve the extension bit, means you will have more outward focus.  As long as you have plenty of inward focus to play around with I am sure it can be counteracted.  I certainly have that on my frac, where I sometimes use an extension with high power ep's (I use the Baader FTR's as extensions when the need arises).

Archived