NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maldivian Holiday Coming Up

williamnohair

Hi Everyone

will be visiting the Maldives this November and planned to take the Astrotrac but when looked up the Latitude found it was between 3 and 4 degrees ! Luckily I am facing North across the sea but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience of shooting the sky there and if they managed polar alignment ok

Cheers

Bill

Maldives has been a dream holiday for years. Snorkelling and dark skies is just a great combination, I think.

Hope your dog - looks a cracker! - will be kept comforted while you're off swanning around ...

Thanks Michael

first thing I did was the  stellarium view and Polaris is just above the horizon, if you had a completely dark flat horizon its just possible, have sent Keiran a message and thanks for the heads up on that.

Did make me wonder what they do down there imaging wise, when on holiday in Cuba it was bad enough!

Thanks

Bill

Archived