Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Great Evening with Helios Q7.4 100mm.

Pingster

Ive got a 80mm APO that gives great wide field views. Nice crisp views if star fields, and my Tak FS60CB does the same on a smaller scale.

However last night i decided to dig out my Helios 7.4 on its paraellagram. Its stored behind a lot if gear so i generally use the stuff i store in front of it more often.

Anyway to cut a story short, with the APO using 90deg diagonals, you stare into the floor. With the helios you lay on a sun lounger staring into the sky. Just because you are actually looking at the sky the scale (everything just looks bigger) of what you are seeing and the relation to where everything is in the sky, its amazing.

And even tho the 7.4 cant compete with the refractors for sharpness, it proves that aperture rules, star fields have more colour, the view is totally immersive.

A really enjoyable night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived